Monday, June 22, 2009

I AM SELFISH!!!

Hey guys I am back! But let me tell you one thing, a man always writes or thinks philosophically when he’s idle. Rest of the time he’s busy working without implementing whatever he thought when he was idle.

Basically the above-mentioned line shows how idle I presently am, but anyway, time for a new post.

People come up to me and say that you are one of those selfish guys who don’t care about other peoples’ feelings. Read my testimonials on Orkut. Everyone has written that I have this peculiar habit of ditching friends. TRUE!!

In reality everyone thinks about what they want before they think about what you want. So if you are able to give people what they want, ultimately, you will be able to get what you want. However should you fail to fulfill their selfish need, getting someone to do something for you, or give something to you, can prove to be very difficult indeed. So always give people what they want, and you will get what you want!! Basically being Selfish becomes the primary motivator of human behavior…phew that was hard to explain.

Selfishness is reflected in the family institution. It’s all about me, my dad, my brother, my sister, my mom, My Family!! It’s bad isn’t it? The great Indian family institution. I mean we want to be as cool as Americans who don’t have such a system. Everyone in the country should be a part of your family (In "Thaaaat" sense--c'mon you can understand, you are all adults). But the family system is the only institution in this country because of which our nation can never suffer from economic recession (more specifically the sub prime crisis). The reason being that all of us have this tendency to save money. We first earn then save and then spend. We do not mindlessly spend on everything. There is a “not so qualified” lady, the Finance Minister of each Indian Household, keeping a check on all the spending and saving money for the future as well.

PS: This paragraph was a bit out of context but I would love to debate on this separately.

Yaar Anjaney very bad; you forget your friends. You don’t keep them in mind whenever you see an opportunity; you just selfishly try to get the most out of it. Not Fair!!

My Friends, an individual is responsible for getting his or her needs met. "We have a tendency to blame other people, but we have choices in life. We can't operate in a relationship based on the hope that someone else will come to a different conclusion and change their behavior. What we can do is control how we behave, how we react, and how we navigate our own feelings about situations." (Some "Fraser" bhai said this, I felt like quoting it here). Everyone gets opportunities then why should I share mine? Hey guys I am not being rude. In fact I firmly believe in the theory of mutual benefit. And I suggest that all of you follow the same.

Remember people, helping others is important but not when you yourself need help. Make sure that you are self-sufficient and then go for social service. If you still want to do it then make sure that people you help will feed you for rest of your life…(Remember Yarana Movie!!)

Conclusion:

After I finish writing this I’ll be spamming your mailboxes with my mails saying that you should read my new blog entry and my friends being “not so selfish” will read it. As far as I’m concerned, those who like this post will appreciate me, so a few admirers will be added to my list and those who do not like the post will be wasting their time. I mean you could have done something much better than reading this stupid post but I made you read it only because I felt I should waste those peoples’ time that are sincerely working and not sitting idle like me.

Hence Proved .....I AM SELFISH....:D

PS: On a serious note, this post aims at giving the readers a sense of Individuality.

7 comments:

Ghanshyam Bhatt said...

yes anjaney...u r cynically right here...and the same things happen to me too...these are raw feelings within us which are then adorned and decorated for others to see and believe...so nice work..!

kipper said...

er...this is a garbled set of words..nyway selfishness can never be justified howmuch ever u justify it...gorging on oder ppl's chance for ur own benefit is never appreciated....n yes, promoting ur family intrest is not being selfish ..das so obvious..n i hardly think dat sumone must have called u slfish for dat...so..das it..

PS: d quality's degrading sir....:P...or u raised our expections a bit too far..;)

aritri said...

True i was idle so read it..:P
Selfish-Its so difficult to actually understand d word n u r trying to justify it..
My parents say i am selfish to d core but my frends disagree it...Wateva it is u tried sticking 2 ur point..Nice piece of article..but u cud hav found sumthing less selfish.. :).wich wud hav entrtained us more.. :)..

Anjaney Shrivastav said...

@kipper and aritri see everything in my post is divided and each para is there for a specific group of people.
The first para is for people who are personally very close to me and in that sense they keep coming up to me saying that, I care for a particular set of people doing favors for them. So the para explains how to select those people who need favors and how being selfish is actually benefiting others too.

The second para is for people who have raised benchmarks/standards whatever you can call it and who believe that certain amount of selfishness is important in life. Some sort of economic discussion which i wanted to have on this family issue coz no 1 discusses about the savings economy, family importance in economic stability and all, i mentioned that was a bit out of context.

The third para is for all those people who could not show up their talents to the fullest because i was very quick in grabbing opportunities. Because i took the initiatives. And you know them very well.

I hope the post is somewhat more than some random shit......;)

Gaurav Parashar said...

Well written again! You meta level seems interesting to me :)
Keep writing!

Anjaney Shrivastav said...

Thanks Gaurav and ghanshyam....

Pulkit K. said...

I refuse to comment on this post on the grounds that I contest (and detest) having read this post... wait a minute... crap!

Oh well, I might as well throw an argument before I leave disgruntled. You should read this discussion to understand that one is not selfish per se, but only towards those people who are selfish in return, or if you plan to move to a new era in life (making your attachment with your existing acquaintances null and pointless to preserve).
In any case, every single act in this world is selfish (try to find a selfless act, I dare you), and if you do not feel any sort of remorse when acting selfishly, then you are certainly made of stone.